Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lesson Learned

Lilac has been leveling along at my snail’s pace, she’s 74 now. And that means that she can finally get to Dal! I bought a port for my pally to get there when she turned 70 or so, but Lilac has been trying to make it on her own. The Dal flight point is exciting because now I have a quick way to get to Shatt to do the cooking daily and hope that the recipes for The Outland Gourmet drop.

I’ve been running a number of randoms for the sake of getting emblems, and today was one of those days when I just couldn’t click with my group. We were in Ahn’kahet: The Old Kingdom, and the DK tank was getting hit for a third to half of his health fairly frequently. Fighting an Eye of Taldaram, I almost lost him because I got myself locked out of holy spells. Okay, that was my mistake, but why do people think saying “come on healer the tank almost died” is helpful (and this definitely isn’t the first time I’ve heard this exact statement)? Wouldn’t “try to dispel Eyes in the Dark so you don’t get locked out” be better? Or maybe they don’t actually know the mechanics either… I have serious problems noticing debuffs on anyone, including myself, that don't show up on Grid, I hope I can configure it to display that one.

With the LFD tool, I’ve certainly gotten myself into instances that I didn’t even know existed, let alone know how the encounters work. I always let my group know when I’m running an instance I’ve never done before, in the hopes that they’ll warn me about these kind of things. Especially school of magic lockouts. I really don’t like those.

Today was my second trip through that instance, and I think I finally learned my lesson. I should really read about instances instead of trying to rely on my group. Got it. Kind of embarrassing it took me so long to realize that.

Hey! My outfit doesn't clash!

I did get this purdy cloak though! Burgundy/brown is becoming my new favorite color, weirdness...

No comments:

Post a Comment